Was JFK the Most Libertarian President in the Last 50 Years? – That
is the question I am asking on the 50th anniversary of his assassination.
To answer that question – here are a few links:
Of course I am not really saying JFK was a “libertarian” just that
I think an argument can be made that all the presidents since JFK were less
libertarian than JFK. Here is one more link:
Myth # 2. JFK was a liberal president:
This view is widely
held today, both because Kennedy is now associated with the
civil rights movement and because his legacy is lumped together with those of
his late brothers, the much more liberal Bobby and Ted. (The brothers followed
Jack’s moderate lead while he lived, but both became more openly progressive
later on.) In reality, JFK was a cautious, conservative chief executive,
mindful of his 1964 reelection bid after the squeaker of 1960. He was fiscally
conservative, careful about spending and deficits, and sponsored an
across-the-board tax cut that became President Ronald Reagan’s model for his
1981 tax cut.
No comments:
Post a Comment